Usability and User Experience topics at HIMSS
User Experience, usability, and user-centered design principles were on the forefront of conversations around the topic of clinician/patient satisfaction, safety-enhanced design, and value optimization. Here are a few highlights of the programming and events taking place at HIMSS15 related to the topic of health IT UX.
HIMSS15: Health IT UX Suggested Session Schedule
Adam Bazer of HIMSS put together this list of included sessions and events related to the topic of user experience, usability, and user-centered design principles in health IT taking place at HIMSS15. http://himss.files.cms-plus.com/FileDownloads/HIMSS15_HITUX_SuggestedSes...
HIMSS15: Health IT UX @ the HIMSS Spot
Stop by the HIMSS Spot (North Hall, B Lobby) on Monday, April 13th at 10:00 AM for the relaunch of the HIMSS Usability Maturity Model, a five-phase model that identifies key elements and milestones involved in successfully integrating usability into a healthcare organization. Stick around for the HIMSS HIT User Experience Community meet up taking place at 10:30. Network with your peers as you discuss the future of user experience, usability, and UCD in health IT.
Turning the Tide: User Experience and Health IT
Tuesday, April 14th, 12:15-1:30 PM | Booth 4891 | Health IT Value Suite
This quick-paced panel discussion and interactive question & answer session will bring stakeholders together from the government, the vendor community and academia to explore the best way to move forward as we they work to improve the user experience for those utilizing healthcare IT. Panelists include:
- Janet Campbell, Sr. Software Architect, Epic (Chair of the EHRA Clinician Experience Workgroup)
- Mary Kate Foley, Vice President of User Experience, athenahealth
- Andrew Gettinger, MD CMIO and Acting Director Office of Clinical Quality and Safety, ONC
- Constance Johnson, PhD, MS, RN, FAAN, Associate Prof at Duke, Prof of Nursing and Health Informatics
- Ross Teague, Sr. UX Manager, Allscripts (Moderator & Panelist) (Chair of EHRA UCD workgroup)
The Usability People work with you on improving the Usability of Healthcare IT.
Together we may save a life! #SafeHealthIT